Congratulations to the following graduate students who were selected to receive Center for Insect Science Research Awards:
- Vishwas Gowda, Neuroscience, for his project: "The role of environmental enrichment for learning performance and brain plasticity in bumblebees"
- Parris Humphrey, EEB, for his project: "Mediation of plant-herbivore interactions in the wild by natural phyllosphere bacteria"
- Chan Lin, Neuroscience, for his project: "Brain and Behavior of a Four-Eyed Beetle: Visual Adaptations and Spatial Navigation In the Whirligig Beetle"
Congratulations to the following graduate students for receiving CIS Travel Awards:
- Bryan Helm, Dept. of Entomology, to attend the Annual Meeting of the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology in San Francisco, Jan. 3-7,2013.
- Chan Lin, Dept. of Neuroscience, to attend the Janelia Conference on Insect Vision: Cells, Computation and Behavior in Ashburn, VA, March 3-6, 2013.